Just wanted to check in and let you know I’m still here…..
I got my corset in the mail Saturday, so I was able to put it on with all the rest of the undergarments and take measurements for sizing of the bodice and waistband of the skirt. Then, based on the measurements, I made a muslin “practice” bodice from the pattern and then tried it on for a fitting. With a friend’s help, I made a few adjustments in the seams, and then cut out my dress fabric and started sewing. The bodice is fully lined, and has boning in it to give it shape. It also has piping around the bottom and top edges. It’s the most difficult garment I’ve ever sewn, but I’ve learned a lot about sewing techniques of the 19th century. It’s almost done except for attaching the sleeves.
And the skirt is done except for gathering the top and attaching it to the waistband.
I’m almost done sewing….and getting excited.
Four more days until we go to the ball.